Monday, March 5, 2012

Rise and Shine

Some Mondays it's tough to rise and shine. It's 4:30 a.m. The alarm goes off. You're right in the middle of a fair to middling dream. You don't want to quit on the dream until it gets to the good part. There is a good part in every dream, right?

Rising and shining is tough on such days, but it beats rising and being Mr. Grouchy Pants, right? After all, 4:30 is not THAT early. It's just an hour earlier than I rise on other work week days. But psychologically it seems worlds darker, worlds earlier.

It's a true test of the relationship that Teri can be cheerful, funny and make a good breakfast and care package for me, give me a motivational speech and send me on my 75-mile commute. It's just what we have to do, so we try to do it in as good of spirits as we can muster. If we can also squeeze in a first dance and an energy hug before I race out the door of the "beach condo," all the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment