Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Apple Pie Surprise

Each week, when I head Over the Blues to go to work early, early, EARLY Monday morning, Teri packs me a nice care package. This "lunch," packed into an old "Little Playmate" cooler, sometimes with incredible precision to use every atom of space, often is enough to get me through several days, even though I like to eat five times a day. This evening I was in for surprise. And it was more than just the typical note she cleverly hides in the care package. Tonight, having already consumed several snacks at work, having already tackled the apple, carrots and cheese sandwich, I opened the cooler at supper time only to discover, wrapped in tin foil, an absolutely gorgeous, beauty contest winning piece of apple pie.

What a way to cap a great Monday. My baby spoils me rotten, and I love every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment