Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wonder Woman

Early on, as a weekly columnist for The Observer in La Grande, Oregon, not wanting to compromise Teri's anonymity, I began referring to her as Wonder Woman. And indeed she is. She's a character with character. She's funny and intelligent. She makes me laugh and makes me think. She also has that womanly instinct for giving just the right card. Today, arriving not by phone call, email, text message but by that now far too underutilized snail mail, was a card with Wonder Woman on the outside and on the inside, as usual, a pithy personal message: "Ta Dah! Just stopping by to say I love you gobz. More later, Teri." Many readers now refer to her not as Teri but as the Wonder Woman. They want to meet this everyday superhero. I am lucky that in my time of crisis she came to my rescue.

No comments:

Post a Comment