Monday, March 8, 2010

Now here's a twist....

After reading over Jeff's profile many times, I decided to send him a reply to the ;) he sent me. He seemed open, honest, down-to-earth, kind and intelligent..... all great qualities in a person. His profile included quite a few photos with captions that revealed more of his personality and his current view of his life and his age. My ONLY hesitation was the fact that he stated that he drank beer regularly. His definition of "regularly" was any one's guess. In the past I had been involved with men who drank "regularly" and that was a situation I did not want to repeat. Yet, I decided to give this man a chance.... which, we all deserve.... and figured I could get to know him and learn his definition of "regularly" and go from there. Or not.

I answered Jeff, stating, "It seems we do have a lot in common. And I bet there is more twinkle in those eyes of yours than you realize. Even at 51 I'll guess that you still twist open Oreos.... well, at least you still dunk them in milk... OMG, don't tell me you dunk them in beer! :)"

Now, mind you I realize that might sound like a crazy thing to write to someone, but to me it was funny and I thought, "What have I got to lose? He'll either think it is funny and I'll get a response or I won't, and that will be the end of it." Well, Jeff did think it was funny, I guess in an "eeewwwww" sort of way, yet he wrote back regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment