Monday, March 22, 2010

Groundhog Day

One of my goals, going into this relationship, was to come up with a good Groundhog Day, Groundhog Week, Groundhog Month, Groundhog Year. Perhaps you remember the movie "Groundhog Day." The main character keeps living the same day over and over again until he gets it right. Being a veteran of nearly a quarter-century marriage, I came to realize how after a few years of marriage each day begins to resemble the last. Why not, I thought, make each day as good as possible so that at least if you are going to have a Groundhog Day scenario, it is a good if not a great one? Since that time Teri and I have come up with "I love yous" coming and going, the "more later" e-mails, the nightly calls when we're apart, the one-minute +++ energy hugs, the pillow talk and much more. Sometimes Groundhog Day grows by incremental improvement, sometimes by quantum leaps. We're creative people. We can find a way to give each day extra sparkle. Oh yeah, did I mention the daily "Sparkle Eye," inspired by the movie "Men Who Stare at Goats"? Life is rich. Invest in it.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Hope all of your days are filled with sparkles and love!!

    a quote from the young psychiatrist in the Groundhog movie - "I think we should meet again, how's tomorrow for you?"

    Love you guys!
    ~Lolly

    ReplyDelete