Thursday, February 10, 2011

It's in the cards

Love at long distance means giving the post office lots of business. The postmaster and I are on a first name basis, and at this point I may soon get Customer of the Month honors. Despite all the cards I send Teri, I am blown away by the ones she send me. Their messages are incredibly well thought out, chosen with care, absolutely meaningful. Just goes to show men and women shop for cards in a whole different manner. Men tend to shop at a run, grabbing whatever they see, hoping the card doesn't say Happy Bar Mitzvah or Celebrate Gay Pride, not that there's anything wrong with that. Women tend to linger. They try out the cards for effect, sometimes fanning themselves with the card to see if it has the right aura. What I give in quantity, Teri makes up for in quality. Love, in part, is in the cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment