Thursday, February 10, 2011

Falling stars

One of my favorite things to do, on those evenings when Teri and I are apart, is to turn out all the lights in the Mountain Cabin, go out and sit in the hot tub and scan the heavens for falling stars. If I see one, I make a wish. What I wish for is a secret. Of course, we all want a love that is enduring. We want financial prosperity, or at least enough money to keep the lights on and spinach on the table. We want good health and friends that care. We want to make a difference in the world, or at least in our small part of it, doing what we do best, whether that is writing, design or just being a good example and living by the golden rule. Watching for falling stars, I think about all these things, and a lot more. Without a lot of light competition, the stars pop out with clarity, or at least as much as one can get with 53-year-old eyes and bifocals. It's humbling to think what a small part of the universe the earth is, and what a small place on earth we inhabit. It's a great adventure, one full of wishes, and wishes realized.

No comments:

Post a Comment